On Monday and Tuesday this week 160 of the student leaders went away on a leaders' conference together. Murray Smith, a lecturer at Christ College (formerly Presbyterian Theological Centre), gave three excellent talks from Exodus on the grounds of Christian leadership, the goal of Christian leadership, and the grace that enables Christian leadership. The students were encouraged to depend on God, to encourage others in their walk with Christ, to make the most of the opportunities in Public Meetings, training courses, annual conference, and summer missions. I co-led a couple of training sessions for assistant small group leaders and connectors, which went okay.
There wasn't a lot of time to rest over the two days, so I'm glad the conference didn't go for longer. I did appreciate having the chance to chat to lots of the students in the Pure Arts faculty and to see them refreshed from their holidays and excited to serve.
- Give thanks to God for raising up many student leaders this year.
- Praise him for saving his people and using weak and sinful humans in his plan.
- Pray for the many ministries in the EU this year, especially the evangelistic public meetings we are running this year.
- Thank God for the chance to see my students again at the end of their holidays.
- Pray that the Bible study leaders would grow as children of God, as pastors, as teachers, as evangelists, and as administrators.
- I'm feeling both tired and busy, so please pray for rest and perseverance for me.